Wednesday 29 June 2011

My ♥ stopped when I saw these food pics.
















I've had a crazy couple of days, which turned into a crazy couple of weeks, which turned into...you get the picture. Do you ever feel like you're saying 'yes' to everyone else and 'no' to yourself? (very Oprah). Well I think that's been me for a while. And it only became clear to me when I looked at these images of healthy foods. And now I can't stop thinking about healthy food and how I need to start taking better care of myself. When you work in advertising and your life becomes a series of meetings, you need to make sure that you take the time to eat the right food, exercise and get enough sleep. So difficult to achieve! I'm going to make it my mission to eat more like this. To go to more markets, to avoid anything microwaved from Woolies for a while (it's become a co-dependant relationship). Because you get stuck in a rut, by 'you' I mean all women trying to do all things, all at once. You think, oh I'll just have chicken tonight, again. They say you are what you eat, but I say, you eat what you are feeling. Because when I'm exercising and more balanced, the happier me eats healthy, enjoys eating healthy. When I'm stressed, I grab a Coke and feel more stressed. This is the cycle isn't it? And then I remember, every day is another day to turn it all around. And what better day is there than today?


All pics from this lovely blog. All photos the property of Aran Goyoaga.

4 comments:

  1. Got to love canelle et vanille, her images are AMAZING!

    Hugs,
    Signe

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree! So beautiful. Wish she would come and cook for me :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. "You eat what you are feeling"- that makes perfect sense! I want to go home and eat a mountain of berries now :) These photos are so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are such inspirational pics. There really is no good reason not to eat healthy. Have to keep telling myself this ;)

    ReplyDelete