Tuesday 14 June 2011

My ♥ stopped when I saw this wedding mood board.



When you start planning your wedding, make a mood board. This won't seem important to you at the time, but its importance will become clear as you go along. Don't be THAT person who changes their mind at the last minute. I say this because I am THAT person. I am lucky enough to have a wedding planner, who sources all the lovely things that I want for the day, but this poor, tenacious lady has been sent on a wild goose chase by me. Since our first meeting I've changed: The cake (about 4 times), the decor (going on about 11 times), the COLOURS (this is a biggie), the 'theme' (huge!) and the numbers (which I forgive myself for). And I can say with 100% clarity that this would have been avoided through the proper construction of a mood board. By doing one, you begin to see which things 'don't really work' fairly quickly. And if you have a wedding planner, they can source things you wouldn't have thought of because they understand the overall feel of the day. I am, by my own admission, a bride-zilla. 




No comments:

Post a Comment